Monday, January 30, 2012

Pinterest recipes, tried and true

One of my favorite things to pin, aside from inspiring interiors, are recipes.  I have a "savory" board, a "sweet goodness" board, and an "on the lighter side" board.  I had been in a cooking slump for a few weeks, but I finally came around and am back in the kitchen cooking and baking, being resourceful with leftovers, pinching pennies where I can, and trying to keep things on the lighter side.

Here are a few of the recipes I've been trying over the past few days.  All of them are going into rotation on our meal menus.  Except the beer bread.  That's only a once in a while thing.  Although I will be making a loaf with each new beer my hubby brews for him to take to work to share with the guys.

Zucchini boats with a side of rice was a healthy, light dinner.


Baked oatmeal was a perfectly filling way to start the day.


Black bean and guac burrito was quite the filling, and messy lunch.  Heavy on the guacamole.  YUM.


Beer bread  made with Dutch apple ale [beer], brewed by the hubs.


Homemade English muffins.  We enjoyed some breakfast sandwiches on a few this morning.  They may lack the 'nooks and crannies' that Thomas' boasts, but they taste just the same.


Sweet potato chili.  The sweet potatoes add a really nice bit of sweetness to the dish.  


Have you tried any new recipes lately?  Anything find it's way into your meal rotation?


2 comments:

  1. These all look so yummy. The sweet potato chili is especially enticing :o) I end up in such a rut when it comes to the kitchen...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok it's 9 am and not I am hungry for dinner...lol...great finds!

    ReplyDelete