Sunday, July 29, 2012

a visit from my parents

Two weeks ago, my parents arrived for a, nearly, week-long visit.  They drove from New Jersey with a car, chock-full of special treasures for me and our home.  2 desks, 2 (mini) chairs, some artwork, a cooler, a rooster, a coffee table, a quilt from when I was a little girl...just to name a few.  I'm not kidding when I say it was like Christmas when we were unloading the car.  I might have squealed a time or two.


We had a really nice week.  We spent lots of time just playing with Callan and enjoying being together.   

Here are a few moments from their visit.

Callan and my Dad trying a Deere on for size, on our way out of Lowe's.




iPad games.






Our garage, cleared out for the delivery of the storm shelter that my parents bought for us.
I can't thank them enough for the peace of mind and safety that they've given us with the new shelter.




Here are the guys delivering, and unloading it off the trailer.
More on the storm shelter in a later post.




Callan loves to be in the driver's seat.







Chocolate chip cookies on the sofa.




Post cookie face, plus a sticker on the chin.




My parents brought Callan a blow-up turtle pool.
We took turns getting that puppy turtle blown up.







He had so much fun splashing in the pool throughout the week!  




He didn't mind sharing with our feet.




Playing cars on Callan's new rug.
Ask him where the helicopter goes, and he'll point right to the helipad.
That boy loves his helicopters.




"Take the key and lock him up..."




Sharing ice cream.




Saluting the flag.




My parents brought us a nice, new flag from Costco.
Every morning, my dad and Callan would take the flag out of the coat closet, hang it outside, and salute it.




Every evening, they'd go outside, salute the flag, roll it up, and put it back in the closet until morning.
Cutest ritual, ever.




Swinging at the park.




Driving a tractor on grandpa's head - he does love those wide, open roads.




Cowboy hats, for a fraction of a second.




Silly boy.




During some down-time, I made my mom a wreath out of Pottery Barn catalog pages.




I also made these lemon-blueberry-cheesecake bars while they were here.
Seriously delicious.
A perfect summertime treat.




It's always hard to watch my parents leave, but the memories we make together are so worth it.
I can't wait to see them again when Callan and I head back east in September!




1 comment:

  1. I was skimming through this post and totally stopped to crave the taste of that dessert! It looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete