Thursday, September 22, 2011

bake-arella

It's been a busy week.  Travis is working 12 hour shifts, 4:30am to 4:30pm.  Callan thinks it's time to get up at 4:30am.  We're up for a a little over an hour, then he goes back to bed for about an hour.
Coffee is my friend.  

In anticipation of Fall, I've been spending some time in the kitchen testing out some new pumpkin recipes (as well as a few non-pumpkin ones).  Baking helps break up these long days.  I'll share my successes and failures with you, probably, next week.

((Now, I know I said I was going to wait until it was officially *Fall* [tomorrow is the first day!], but I couldn't resist.  Here's how I justified it:  I don't want to make "ehh" recipes amongst great recipes this Fall.  I need to weed out the ones that aren't so hot, so I can focus on the delicious ones that I do come across.  I need to bake my way through my pinned pumpkin recipes to find the real winners.  So that's what I'm doing.))

If I counted correctly, I've made 6 pumpkin recipes, so far.  One was outstanding, several were very good, one or two were only kind of "meh".  But that's according to my taste-buds.  You might think differently if you try/tried them.   

My kitchen has looked like this every day this week.
My hands are raw from doing dishes.
Hand lotion is, also, my friend.


Have you whipped up anything pumpkin yet this season?  Make anything ah-mazing?  How about failures?
I've made both.

Here's to nothing but delicious pumpkin recipes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment