Wednesday, November 3, 2010

upside-down pizza casserole

In my search for easy recipes to tackle on nights where I'm short on time or am flat out exhausted, I came across this recipe for "upside-down pizza casserole".  It's fast.  It's easy.  Practically effortless.  And it's yummy.  You can easily add to the recipe to make it a bit heartier, but I chose to make it "as is" (aside from adding a bit of Tuscan seasoning while browning my ground turkey) for my first time around.  Served with salad on the side, both Travis and I enjoyed this meal.  It made the list.  I'll be making it again when we have a house full - it's all about easy dinners next week. 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 15 oz. can Italian-style tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 10 oz. package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large skillet, cook beef (or turkey) until no longer pink, stirring frequently.  Drain off fat.  Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.  Transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.  Sprinkle mixture with cheese.  Flatten each biscuit with your hands; arrange the biscuits on top of the cheese.  Bake for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden.

these even reheat fairly well (in the oven) for lunch a few days later


1 comment: