Monday, December 5, 2011

Callan and Christmas ornaments

 Callan has a favorite Christmas ornament.  It's a mini Dunkin' Donuts mug that I've had for years.
He walks around with it, lid popped off, like a baby giant with his teeny cup o' joe.


The lower half of the tree has Callan-friendly ornaments on it.  I pick them off the floor several times a day.  But sometimes he gets brave, climbs on the sofa, and reaches for some of the higher ones.  I had to move a few around to keep the breakable ones out of his reach.  I'm sure you know how it is...


And, of course, there's the occasional ornament in the mouth.




Aside from Callan undressing the tree, I thought I'd share a bit of what's making our place look festive this time of year.  This is our first Christmas in our house, so it's pretty special.

 











   



5 comments:

  1. What a lovely documenting of the season! The pinecone photo is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the chalk board you did! Did you free hand that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your first Christmas in your house! What a sweet boy you have! I love the chalkboard too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first few days our tree was up, we didn't decorate it. I wasn't up to teaching Eliana not to touch them right away. Initially she didn't even touch the tree for a few days. For this year, we decorated the top 2/3 of the tree. She doesn't mess with it anymore... well at least not for today. She's been busy with a double ear infection, so the ornaments aren't high on her priority list.

    ReplyDelete