Thursday, June 23, 2011

clean this

Let me be honest.  I probably don't clean as often as I should.  It's hard to get in a proper cleaning between keeping a sharp eye on a very mobile little guy, working on projects around the house, making meals, doing the dishes, and drinking coffee.  I tend to cram in a little bit of everything during nap time - a little cleaning, a little project-ing, sneaking in a blog post or two, a little of this, a little of that, you know how it goes.  

And sometime I just want to sit.
And do nothing.
Ya feel me?

But I wanted to share with you a few things that make my cleaning a little easier, even more enjoyable, if you will.  These are my "go-to" products.  Products I "swear by".

I love these little scrub brushes from Ikea.  I use them on every moderately dirty dish before I put them in the dishwasher, and on every soiled pot and pan.  I only have one left in my stash.  Mom, you reading this?  ;)

{source}

Bar Keepers Friend is THE best cleaner for porcelain sinks and bathtubs.  Love this stuff.  Pair this with the scrub brush from Ikea and you have one very clean sink/tub.

{source}

These are genius.  Need I say more?

{source}

These surface wipes from Costco are my favorite.  I just picked some up when we were back in Fresno a few weeks ago.  Our closest Costco is, like, 5 hours away, or something ridiculous like that.  Boo!

{source}

My favorite sponges.  I won't buy any others.  I'm stocked up. {from Costco}

{source}

This is my absolute favorite vacuum I've EVER owned.  SO worth the money.  Both my mom and mother-in-law each have one, too.  They'd say the same thing.


{source}

Are there any products that you "swear by"?
Do you have a cleaning schedule?  Maybe I should work on putting one together...

Speaking of cleaning, I should probably go empty the dishwasher before Callan wakes up. 


2 comments:

  1. Haha, I have those same wipes and sponges from Costco :) I so need that vacuum - mine is a total piece of non-working crap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look! I have been wanting to try bar keepers friend. I heard it cleans appliances well. Where do you buy it?

    ReplyDelete