Wednesday, June 15, 2011

frame worthy

Hardly.

Yesterday, I shared with you what I snagged at the thrift store.  One of the last frames I grabbed before checking out, was this one: 


I grabbed it for the size and the thickness of the frame.  I didn't bother to read the print inside, not important.  

At home, when I was pulling the frames apart to clean them, I did stop to read the poem in this frame.  Here's what it reads:


 If the print is too small for ya, here's what it reads:

"One Little Rose"

I would rather have one little Rose
from the garden of a friend, 

Than to have the choicest flowers
when my stay on earth must end.

I would rather have the kindest words
from those folks I love to see, 

Than flattery when my heart is still, 
and this life has ceased to be.

I would rather have a loving smile
from friends I know are true, 
than tears around my casket
when this world I bid adieu.

Then bring all the flowers today
whether white or pink or red,
for I'd rather have one blossom now
than a truck load when I'm dead.

L.S. Williams

 Uhm...?  

I turned it over to find a personal note on the backside...


It reads:

"To Jean and Cliff Nickels  4/16/89
With all my love and appreciation for your tolerance and friendship, I pray it will be a long and happy association.  'Just be patient with me God isn't finished with me yet.'  Lloyd Williams"

The frame looks lovely with a fresh coat of paint.
This little bit of poetic history has said it's last good-bye.
Roll in the truck load of flowers

weird, right?


3 comments:

  1. Haha that is so weird!!!

    I made your artichoke map pendant for Jacks playroom today. They came out so cute.

    ReplyDelete