Wednesday, March 23, 2011

hubby's three-oh

I may be a little late for St. Patrick's Day, but I was right on time for my hubby's birthday.  Last week (on St. Patrick's Day) I came across a recipe for "Irish car bomb" cupcakes, showed Travis, and he thought they looked delish.  I told him I would have made them for St. Paddy's Day if I had had all of the ingredients on hand.  So when I asked him, over the weekend, what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, he quickly mentioned the cupcakes I had just shown him a few days before.  "Irish car bomb" cupcakes for the big 3-0 it was. 


Last night I baked up two dozen of these delicious little beauties (of course we had to taste test them).  Travis took 14 of them to work to share with his work buddies, like a grade-schooler taking treats in for his classmates on his birthday.  Except these cupcakes have alcohol in them.  You wouldn't find these babies in a second grade classroom.  

{notice the chocolate ganache filling!}

I'd say he enjoyed them!


Oh, and I took Callan to the doctor this morning for his 4-month well-baby check-up and shots.  Our original appointment was on March 7 - the doctor's office kept calling to reschedule, but we finally got 'er done today.  Of course we had to wait, and wait some more, so we smiled for the camera.  Well, I did while Callan kept his hands in his mouth.  Shocker.  At just over 19 weeks old, Callan weighs in at 13 pound 15 ounces and 25 inches.


Check out the little guy's thighs...poked in each leg.  A double shot.  Ha.  Poor thing. 


This afternoon we headed down to OKC for a little shopping and dinner at a highly recommended Mexican restaurant.  The service was like none I've ever had, the food was amazing, and the company was the best I could find on such short notice.  (Kidding, babe!  I love youuu!)  I think I enjoyed Travis' birthday as much as he did.  It was a good day.

And the cherry on top today?  I became an AUNT!!  My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl - Erin Joy.  Callan has a cousin!  And Travis shares a birthday with his one and only niece.  Such a special day!

I hope your day was wonderful...but I'm pretty sure I've got ya beat ;)


2 comments:

  1. happy birthday trav!
    those cupcakes look amazing, callan is super cute & a niece how fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cupcakes look amazing! happy b-dy to the hubs~ and poor lil callan--i hate shot day! happy weekend chick!

    ReplyDelete