Thursday, January 27, 2011

curtains, returned

 A few posts ago I was "thinking out loud" about adding some color to our very bland living room.  Remember this curtain option I was considering for our living room windows? 

{source}

I loved them.  So I ordered them.  They were exactly what I was looking for.  A dark teal background with a cream colored floral pattern all over.  I was excited to replace my current curtains that tend to blend right into the wall.  A punch of color was needed. 




The curtains were delivered last Saturday.  I let the box sit for a few days while priorities took precedence.  I finally got around to opening the package last Monday night.  Instant disappointment.  The curtains were way blue-er than the online image led me to believe; not teal, not even in the slightest.  Needless to say, they've already been returned and I've starting my hunt for just the right curtains all over again.  Bummer. 




So, I'm exploring some fabric options.  Making drapes can't be that hard, right?  It's frustrating when you know exactly what you want but you can't find it anywhere.  
Oh, to be a fabric designer...



0 comments:

Post a Comment