Monday, January 17, 2011

weekend in review

Over the weekend I was able to snap a few pictures of our little man.  These are some of my favorites. 









On Saturday we spent the afternoon down in OKC.  We hit up a few stores that we don't have here in Enid: Babies R Us, Joann's, Best Buy, and Target.  While Travis ran in to Best Buy, I stayed in the car and fed Callan.  After about 10 minutes of eating, he was out.  I snuggled him until Travis made his way back out to the car.  I snapped him back into his carseat and we headed over to our main destination, Target.  We grabbed what we needed, and while wandering the store (we take in as much Target as we can when we visit since visits are few and far between now), I stopped in my tracks to admire the aisle below.  I love blue and white as a color combination.  We picked up a few snacks for the drive home and went on our merry way. 



Our drive home was pleasant and the view was breathtaking.  God painted a beautiful sunset for us to enjoy on our way home.  The pictures below don't do it justice.  The colors were incredibly vibrant, the clouds were so layered and textured, the earth was glowing as it reflected the setting sun.  A childhood song always comes to mind when I find myself in awe of His creation.

My God is so BIG!  So strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do.  The mountains are His, the valleys are His, the stars are his handiwork too...



Sunday night we finally got around to having our Christmas Eve dinner.  Three weeks late.  Better late than never, right?  We had to cook that 9 lb. leg of lamb, after all.  If you remember, we were on the road to NJ on Christmas Eve night - we stopped for McDonald's for dinner.  Gourmet, I know.  We missed our traditional meal of leg of lamb, potato cheese casserole, noodle pudding (my favorite!), and green been casserole.  After just a little bit of time prepping, and a few hours in the oven, dinner turned out just as it always does.  Delicious.  And boy do we have leftovers.  This is not a bad thing. 







I hope your weekend was enjoyable and that you got to spend some quality time with your loved ones.  Thankfully our weekend isn't quite over yet.  Thanks to MLK Jr, we have one more day together before Travis heads back to work.  We are looking forward to a productive day around the house and some time with friends.  Happy Monday, all!



0 comments:

Post a Comment