Sunday, December 19, 2010

puppy chow and kahlua cake

We had a very lazy day today.  We sat around, for the second day in a row, waiting for the doctor to call to have us head over to the hospital to have Callan circumcised.  (Yes, we are still waiting for this to happen.)  Needless to say, he called sometime during the 7 o'clock hour (pm) to say that he had a nightmare of a weekend at the hospital and he'd get a hold of us sometime time during the week to finally get this procedure taken care of.  Ugh. 

So, last week I went to the doctor and got the 'go ahead' to start working out again.  (Hurray!)  I've been chomping at the bit because I'm already sick of this post baby belly (and it's only been six weeks).  It jiggles - ick.  Tomorrow we start working out on a daily basis and eating healthier meals.   We've done it before, we can do it again.  To welcome a healthier lifestyle, I made one last sweet treat.  We had to go out with a bang.  (However Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, of course, will be days of exceptions - within reason ;))

This afternoon I made puppy chow, aka muddy buddies.  I'm a sucker for this stuff and tend to eat it by the handful.  Thanks goodness Travis will be taking it to work tomorrow to share with the guys in the shop.  But not before some of this goodness made it's way into my stomach.  




As I dumped the coated cereal onto a large cookie sheet to set, "holy giant mound of puppy chow" were the words that echoed in my mind.  Seriously, though.  That's a lot of yumminess right there.  (Click here for "puppy chow" recipe.)

Tonight I made a Kahlua cake (recipe from Travis' mom) for Travis to take to work tomorrow as a treat for the guys he works with for Christmas.  These guys work hard - they deserve a home baked treat every now and then.   I'm trying very hard not to sneak a slice for myself...

kahlua cake ready to pop in the oven


kahlua cake, baked & frosted


What are you baking this Christmas season to share with others?  

P.S.  Can you believe Christmas is only 5 days away?!!  I'm dying to know what's in that big package under the tree!





0 comments:

Post a Comment